Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Refilling Makes $$$ and Sense

Just had an old business associate drop by my office earlier. He and his identical twin brother is involved in a successful business of locks and locksmithing. Over the years, they have supplied locksets to a few of my wife's property projects, including our office.

Anyway, he dropped by to share with me his new venture, http://www.cartridgeworld.com.my/ which is a franchise to refill printer cartridges. Immediately, I think he will do really well considering the importance of laser printers in offices today. Just a quick check on my Hewlett Packard laser printer - the printer cost us approximately RM2,699 when we bought it, but I think for the past 1 year I have spent double that amount for ink cartidges replacements. Each cartridge (and we need 4 of them - black, magenta, cyan and yellow) cost approximately RM350/=. That's nearly half the cost of the printer, each time I print 400 - 500 pages of documents.

Best of all, the cartridge refilling business has low inventory (only powder), requires scalable manpower and recurring revenue. So, next time you wanna go out and buy new cartridges, consider saving the old ones and give Eric at Cartridge World SS2 PJ branch a call at 03-7877 9988.

He will not only come by your office to pick up your used cartridges but will refill and send it back to you in good condition, plus with guarantee too. Now, that really makes sense and $$$.

No comments: